What to Expect When You Visit the TWP Writing Studio
We promote excellence in writing. Our goal is to improve writers, as well as individual pieces of writing:
- We explore possibilities with you in your writing and guide you to tools and strategies that will allow you to continue these explorations independently.
- We suggest strategies, offer encouragement, and provide information to help you move forward with your work. We expect writers to take responsibility for their choices with regard to their own writing.
- We help you identify points of revision and set priorities based on your current needs.
- We help you analyze assignments from different disciplines and cope with a variety of academic writing conventions.
- We act as an audience and give feedback from a reader's perspective.
- We discuss citation procedures in different disciplines and ensure that the help we give does not violate the Duke Community Standard.