These handouts for high school students are intended to provide support for a variety of writing activities and contexts. Enjoy!
- College Application Essays and Personal Statements: this handout will help you brainstorm what to say and how to say it, so your admissions essay can help you get in!
- Cornell Note-taking Method: this tried-and-true method will help you make sure you get the most out of your notes during a class lecture.
- Developing a Thesis Statement: what are the components of a strong thesis statement? This handout will help you develop and refine your thesis.
- MEAL Plan for Paragraphing: this handout explains how to structure a coherent, cohesive paragraph.
- Providing Feedback on Writing: this handout explains how to share your responses to others' writing in a way that is helpful and specific.
- Approaches to Research: this handout offers some concrete strategies for approaching a research project, from its beginnings until its final stages.